We are finding more and more single travelers booking at Casa de las Olas in the past months. Single travel is becoming more popular as we find young professionals are venturing out on vacation when they can find the time, which these day seems to be less and less. Tulum is a very easy place to get to as a single traveler and it travel culture makes it easy to meet others who have done the same.
Since Tulum became a travel destination over 30 years ago, it has been known as a great spot for single travelers. The area is chill, people are friendly and the area is super safe. Mexico City it is not and as a single traveler can have a great vacation and learn a ton about the area at the same time.
Tips for single travelers in Tulum
1. Be open to meeting other people – Conversations happen everywhere and be open to stories, conversations and other people when traveling in Tulum. This is where many people find their best travel tips and other people to share travel experiences.
2. Put most of your travel budget into your accommodation. Eating, public transportation, tours and vacation activities can be done inexpensively. The largest part of your budget will be your accommodations and it is worth the planning.
3. Spanish is not required – In the Tulum area most travelers can navigate through the area without speaking spanish. The cool thing is someone is always around to help with language skills when you need it. Spanish is spoken everywhere you go but people are great at hand signal communication, photos, or finding someone who does speak you language to help with your needs.
4. Single travelers meet great people on tours – Many single travelers do one tour and then find other travelers with similar interests that they can hang with or share rental car costs with to discover other parts of the area. Tours are the first meeting place for many and can jump start an adventurous vacation off the tour grid.
5. Pubic transportation is a great way to go! – We really believe in the efficiency of local transportation from a cost perspective and from an environmental perspective. Save some cash, meet other travelers and know that your experience is enriched by using these services.
6. Romance is always a possibility- No one really wants to ask this but we are going to put it out there. With the various single travelers in Tulum Romance is always a possibility. With the beautiful beach, the glorious evenings, great restaurants and the chill atmosphere, romance is normally up there. If you are not looking for it, it wont come your way nor will it effect your vacation, but lovely places sometimes sprout lovely relationships.
Online forums support Tulum as a solo travelers destination. It is easy to get to, provides a really beautiful atmosphere, there is lots to do, or lots not to do. Singe travelers are welcomed in Tulum so if you don’t have a travel partner, no worries that are hundreds of single travel partners in Tulum to enjoy your vacation with.