Sustainable Development at Casa de las Olas in Tulum, Mexico
On a daily basis, the owners and staff at Casa de las Olas work at creating a balance between the four principles of sustainability on and off the Tulum beach property. We encourage our guests to participate with us in our desire to preserve the human, environmental, economic and societal aspects that make sustainable vacations.
This partnership is easy. With your awareness and our direction, a sustainable vacation does not mean a lack of comforts. A sustainable experience at Casa de las Olas is an enriching vacation that has our guests leave relaxed, inspired and more connected to what is important.
What does a sustainable vacation at Casa del Las Olas mean?
- Let us know when you want your sheets changed and towels washed
- Meet with our staff to discover the local activities that show off the natural beauty of Tulum
- Use our biodegradable shampoos and bath products
- Bring biodegradable suntan lotion to protect the ocean , the cenote and your skin
- Open your doors, let the air flow and see how the ocean breeze naturally cools you down the villa on a hot day
- Discover local restaurants and chefs that buy locally and showcase authentic local cuisine
- Take a trip into the town of Tulum, the heart of our Mayan community, where you can experience local taco places, artesan shops and the Tulum ruins
- Talk to our staff to share their lifestyle and community stories. The best stories are the real stories created by people, not the media
- Sit on your balcony, sip a fresh lime margarita, watch the ocean and take a deep breath.
How does Casa de las Olas provide sustainable vacations?
Our building practices include areas for rain water collection, solar energy and reverse geothermal cooling. Our continual efforts to plant flowers and trees takes care of the rest. Cleaning is done with biodegradable products, with biodegradable soaps and shampoos available for our guests. Our tour and restaurant recommendations are always local.
Your role is to participate and learn. We do the rest.