When vacationing, your accommodations are one of the most important parts of your vacation and how you rate the success of your vacation. Choosing a hotel in Tulum is tough as there are many options to choose from and many different types of accommodations to satisfy travelers.
Finding your perfect Tulum hotel is achievable but it needs some thought first. The diversity makes choices difficult and reservations can be a chore. We have looked at some of the important criteria that could make picking your Tulum accommodation easier and faster.
Choosing a Tulum hotel for your next Tulum vacation
- Determine your budget – Tulum hotels can range from 10 usd a night 800 usd per night. Your personal budget will weed out a lot of the possible candidates and leave you with a handful of possible locations.
- Determine the area – You have three areas to choose from, by the Tulum ruins, in the town of Tulum or on the Tulum beach. Prices vary considerably, with accommodations by the ruins the least expensive, hotels in the town of the Tulum middle of the road with some very inexpensive options and The Tulum beach accommodations being the most expensive.
- Define your comforts – Is a hammock sufficient, shared bathrooms and a small cabin for two or is something more concrete with some comforts more your style of vacationing. Budget and accommodations may match up, sometimes it does not. There are hotels for 70 usd a night on the Tulum beach but it is shared showers, public bathrooms and hard beds. More expensive hotels will provide better quality rooms and private bathrooms.
- Determine your customer service expectations – You will be able to tell at the booking process or inquiry stage if the customer service at the hotel you are considering is up to your standards. Like accommodations, customer service varies so when making inquiries see how you feel about it.
- Ease of booking – Tulum is not necessarily in tune with the speed of mobile, internet booking and fast vacation planning. Check out how has online booking and which hotels have invested into easy reservation systems. This could make planning your Tulum vacation easy and secure!
First time Tulum visitors may find Tulum vacations hard to plan due to the lack of technology that the Area has. Many beach locations do not internet so they travel into town once a day or once every few days to check email. This can make the booking process slow. The nice thing is that some hotels have worked hard to ease the planning and reservation process to match the speed of technology and make reservations easy for mobile users.