People say it takes a while to find us. They search and search for the perfect vacation destination and then the perfect lodgings that match their need for a break, their belief system, their vacation needs and somewhere that they connect to before they arrive. Sorry it took you so long to find us, but we are glad you landed here.
If you want a sustainable vacation that has a variety of things to do and learn, stop right there. You have found the place, just dig a bit deeper to see all the things that Tulum and Casa de las Olas offers.
Lets make it simple, we will telll you what a sustainable vacation at CDLO means
1. Casa de las Olas is a sustainable developement, not eco, not environmentally friendly, our beleif system is all about sustainability. We have worked super hard to keep your comforts and make it sustainable. You wont notice, it just feels right. We made the building, room decor, services choices, you just have to pick what you want and know that each choice is a sustainable choice.
2. We are on the beach, right on the beach so if it is that you want a beach vacation, you got it. Kilometers of Tulum beach are on our front door steps, no cars required, no beach packing required, it is all right there in front of you.
3. Our room amenities are biodegradable so you will not be doing anything to our plants, cenote, sand, or the ocean. They are made locally and they dont harm locally. Check that off you list, we have your back.
4. There is a large list of things to do, if you want to do them. If you don’t want to connect or do, you don’t have to. If you change your mind, just ask and you can arrange something or discover what your choices are through us. Knock on the door, look in our storage room, see us on the beach and just ask. We will find what you are looking for. Done. We deal with activities and tour companies that have the same beliefs as ours, no or low impact activities that will get you out there and learning. Forgot your mosquito spray, we have a great biodegravble spray that works. Need to let lose, kayak, walk, bike, climb to the top of Coba. Need to just disconnect, we will make sure you have a cool place to get away from it all, or just carve out a place on the beach for you.
5. We are 100% solar, we use rain water for our planets, we use a reverse geo thermal system to keep the rooms cool. Love it! and we are sustainable!
6. We care about where we live and work, and most importantly, hire and buy locally!
Your vacation should be good for you, be good for the area and be good for others
And you will. Most importantly you will be doing something really good for you, on the beaches of Tulum, and also be doing good for others. The ripple effect is in effect at Casa de las Olas and you wont even realize it. Sit back, relax, and come and join us for the ride.
Curious what we mean by sustainable? Read our 4 principles of sustainability that drive our business each and every day. It is not even really a business, it is a labor of love that we are super passionate about. Share in our passion and see what a sustainable vacation is or can be. Check out more about Casa de las Olas in Tulum.