We understand that Casa de las Olas is not for everyone. To ensure we are a great fit, we encourage you to please read the following:
• We are an environmentally conscious villa in a remote jungle location. While the setting is part of the beauty of Tulum it also means we are completely off the grid for utilities (as is all of Tulum beach).
• We do provide free WIFI in our suites and property but again, being off the grid means our cell service can occassionally be sporadic.
• We do not and will not fumigate the area with toxins to get rid of insects and other local species. As we are in a tropical country, we do have insects but the constant ocean breeze helps make them less of a nuisance.
• Casa de las Olas is a private property for guests only and for this reason we do not have a restaurant on our premises. This is to ensure the seclusion and privacy promised to our guests so that they may enjoy a truly relaxing stay. However, we do offer breakfast and beach snacks and 4 of our suites are equipped with eat-in kitchenettes. Keep in mind that Tulum beach is quaint. Restaurants and bars are within comfortable biking distance away.
• We do not have air-conditioning in our villa but instead rely on the constant natural ocean breeze. All of our suites do have small but efficient fans so you can sleep in comfort while having minimal impact on the environment.
• We do not have a pool on our property. We do however, have an incredible fresh water cenote available just outside our gates and the best part of Tulum beach right in front of our villa.
• You will love Casa de las Olas if you are a traveler looking to relax and connect in nature in an unparalleled beachfront location. Reserve your stay in our sustainable accommodations and leave a positive footprint!