We understand that Casa de las Olas (and Tulum itself) is not for everyone. To ensure a good fit and pleasant stay, we encourage you to please read the following:
• We are an environmentally-conscious villa in a remote jungle location. Like all of the beautiful Tulum beach, we are completely off the utility grid.
• We provide complimentary WIFI in our suites and property, but being off the grid means internet and cell service can occasionally be intermittent.
• Like any tropical location, insects/bugs are not uncommon. We do not and will not fumigate the area with dangerous toxins. Fortunately, the constant ocean breeze helps make them less of a nuisance.
• Casa de las Olas is a private property for guests only. To ensure the seclusion and privacy promised to our guests, we do not have a restaurant on premises; However, we do offer breakfast and beach snacks, and 4 of our suites are equipped with eat-in kitchenettes. Keep in mind that Tulum beach is quaint and accessible –restaurants and bars are within comfortable biking distance.
• We do not have air-conditioning in our villa but instead rely on the constant natural ocean breezes to keep cool. All of our suites have small, but efficient fans so you can sleep in comfort while having minimal impact on the environment.
• We do not have a pool on our property. We do, however, have an incredible fresh water cenote available just outside our gates and the best part of Tulum beach right in front of our villa.
• You will love Casa de las Olas if you are a traveler looking to relax and connect with nature in an unparalleled beachfront location. Reserve your stay in our sustainable accommodations and leave a positive footprint!