Looking to create your dream vacation now? We all need a break and creating that dream vacation is getting harder and harder as our needs and wants change. There is so much we want to do, so many places that we want to go…..but really where is my dream vacation, that perfect place on the planet that gives me everything that I want. Hmmmmm.
If you are looking for a private, quiet, adventurous yet chilled vacation where the basics are preditable but daily happens are open to serendipidty, I think I have found the place. Tulum is a diverse, eco-focussed destination that provides you with the vacation comforts we all like, but provides each visitor with vacation surprises that bring joy and wonderment (not vacation surprises that bring dissappointment and stress, we have all had those vacations and reliving them is not what we are after here)
My idea of a great vacation could be very different from your idea of a great vacation so let me list what I find to be a great vacation that makes me happy, relaxed, enthused and memorable. When I discovered Tulum, Mexico over 11 years ago, I did get all of this. 11 years later I still get this but with a few more added benefits that were missing in the first trip to Tulum.
1. Sustainable tour options.
2. Small accommodations and few people interuptions
3. Beautiful scenery and access to the outdoors
4. Peace and quiet, places to walk and explore
5. Comfortable and clean accomodations
6. Cultural experiences and learnings
7. Open up to the extraordinary and get new life stories
8. Shake up my routine a bit to get a different life perspective
A vacation is a way to vacate our daily routine, and vacate I love to do! Tulum has provided me this over the years and I appreciate what this area of the planet adds to my need to vacate!
Why Tulum creates my dream vacation each and every year!
As soon as I get off the plane in Mexico, I can smell my new life, feel the heat and can’t wait to get to the Tulum beach where I know adventure and serendipity awaits! This is what Tulum continues to produce year and after year in its little place on the planet and what the local businesses never fail to provide on my dream vacation.
1. Cultural experiences – Spanish is the language of Tulum and with limited spanish I continue to amaze myself how I can get things done through gestures, hand signals and in some cases mental telepathy. Tulum residents are full of helpful ways to make sure that you get what you want. The multicultural community seems to have found an international language that gets me where I need to go, or eat what I need to eat. Tulum has weekly cultural activities and tours where I feel a part of it all. The art that I have collected over the years continues to bring me great joy and reminds me of the cultural experiences that I have had.
2. Great accommodations – Do know that I am not the resort type, but I do like my comforts. Casa de las Olas is my place of choice as I get to be on the beach, off the grid, close to the Sian Kaan and in an environment that I love, surrounded by birds, vegetation and water! Their rooms are great and I love their staff. It is a great mix of sustainable yet luxurious, private yet community based, kitchenettes with restaurants close by.
3. Outdoor living – Tulum is an outdoor place where sleeping is the only activity that is done inside. My vacation is not a beach vacation 100% of the time as there are so many places to explore, tour and discover. If I want to chill on the beach and read a book, I have that option. If i need to get out and about and explore, I have that option , if I need time just breathing and taking it all in, I can do that too. My life is indoors and having an outdoor life for 10 days makes this a dream for me!
4. Spontaneous encounters – This list is big and I have cherished my spontaneous encounters for many years. This seems to be the main reason why I return to Tulum and continue to return. Spontaneous encounters whether it be with the environment, people, food or the planet is a Tulum vacation. When you have your first one, you will know what I am taking about, Tulum is the land of giving to you what you need, and for me this is the dreamy part of this area.
Vacate your life for a while and open yourself up to a dream vacation that shakes things up a bit, gives you a different perspective and lets you be open to serendipity for a week, three days or if you are lucky, 10 days? This is the place, Tulum delivers each and every time. My need to vacate is satisfied each time I make my way to Tulum and lasts until the next time I need to dream up a vacation. And we all know where that is going to be…and it is different each and every time!