Do we really need a reason to visit to Tulum? With its pristine beaches, privacy and wanderlust, do we really need a reason? No, but there are many reasons why Tulum should be a top choice for your vacation in 2012 and 2013. For those looking for a reason, here are seven reasons why you should visit Tulum. Put it on your bucket list so you it becomes a priority. For those who are not looking for a reason but need a little push to determine their Tulum vacation dates, here are 7 sure-fire ways to get that planning underway now!
7 reasons to visit Tulum, Mexico and the surrounding Mayan Riviera
1. Great weather – While other countries have been experiencing some of the worst weather of their lives, Tulum and the Mayan Riviera has been experiencing some of the best weather we have had in years! Humidity is lower, the sun is shining, the evenings are cooler and the days are great for the beach, for outdoor activities and just plan old fun. get out of the early winter and come for some natural sunshine and outdoor play!
2. Cultural experiences – Mayan tours, mayan rituals, in-depth learning in natural medicinal practices and spa treatments, Spanish language, folk art, the list goes on and on. With the boost to the Mayan culture centered around the end of the Mayan calendar December 21, 2012, there are more educational tours and insights into this indigenous community. Check out a new local tour by Ojos Mayas (mayan eyes) that takes you into the heart of a Mayan community and shares the ancient traditions of the Mayas.This is a cooperative so you are giving back to the families directly, not a large tour company! Yah!
3. Foodies Unite! There is no where on the planet that you can find diversity of this kind in a small little village. Local, national and international chefs are using the local ingredients and ancient practices to inspire their menus and locations. Every single restaurant, food cart, hole in the wall is different. Each chef and cook puts their personal inspiration into their recipes and meals. It is sometimes referred to as a mini-new York, with out the New York prices and in most cases better! There is a reason why all the big name food magazines are checking out Tulum, the food is great!
4. Sustainable tourism – in the heart of the jungle, on the shores of the ocean and in the depths of fresh water lagoons. Tulum borders a diverse eco system that is perfect for outdoor adventures with the assistance of local guides. Hotels and accommodations need to focus on renewal energy. Recycling, composting and indigenous plants are a way of life. People who live here, care, and practice sustainable development to keep it that way.
5. Super nice international community – no matter what language you speak, there will be someone who speaks your language. Some local businesses have staff and owners who know multiple languages, some prefer international sign language that is understood by all. No matter what you do, where you go, or who you meet, People are helpful, nice, gracious and just want you to have a great time. It is international in Tulum with a respect for the indigenous cultures that live in the area harmoniously with others.
6. Beach, beach, beach – This is the first reason why so many visitors live Tulum, the beautiful white sandy beaches that line the coast of this beach town. The Caribbean is on their door step, the sand is the finest they have ever seen, but visitor also discover that there is more to the beach in Tulum. This is the hidden secret that visitors find out, this is the deep secret of Tulum. The beach is one of the best but the other surprises, treasures, gifts you receive is much more than the beach. But a visit is the only way to find that one out!
7. Local, local, local – Tulum is all about being and acting local, no matter where you are. The delight of this small city is the amount of small businesses that make it tick. Local businesses support one another, the philosophy of helping and supporting ones neighbour while highlighting the benefits that the town of Tulum and its residents provide is rampant. If you want to feel a part of a community this is the place to be!
Want to learn about Tulum and what it offers for a vacation, as a travel destination or as a longer term hang out? Download our free Tulum Travel guide and get the best kept secrets that make your Tulum vacation planning easy.