There are many reasons to have a vacation in Tulum and many more reasons to book accomodations at Casa de las Olas in Tulum. This list came from a guest, a guest that had a great stay, loved what we do and decided to write down 7 reasons to book at Casa de las Olas. Super sweet for them to do this and even sweeter for them to share. With their permission, we are sharing their 7 reasons why a visitor to Tulum should stay at Casa de las Olas.
7 reasons why you should stay at Casa de las Olas – Tulum
1. Sustainable development that respects the environment, community and local businesses in the Tulum community. It is evident that Jimmy takes care of his own, his own meaning the community that he lives in and the people who contribute to the ongoing success of Tulum. This community includes people, artists, the ocean, and the jungle. There is no difference between them, all of these items are precious to Jimmy, and each needs to be taken care of. Not only does he hire locally, but he buys locally, a time consuming but rewarding activity that has given Jimmy great stories to share. The search for just the right table, or just the right biodegrable shampoo, or just the right anything takes time, but the adventures are priceless!
2. A desire for people to design their vacation – Casa de las Olas is not a cookie cutter vacation place. Jimmy has some favorites that are top on his list of things to do, but he listens intently to each guest and pulls what they need out of his magic Tulum hat. If you want romance, he knows where to go and what to do, if you want adventure, he has the places that provide adventure and sustainable tours. If you want peace and quiet, he has already provided that in the development of Casa de las Olas.He is your resource to design your perfect vacaton. Use it, you wont regret the suggestions and information he has.
3. Natural beauty – Casa de las Olas is naturally gorgeous, everything around it is built by nature, sustained by nature and continues to thrive due to the natural surroundings. The owners of Casa de las Olas do not take credit for this beauty, they just highlight it and magnify it without destroying what is naturally there. There are no theme parks, no fansy pansy amenitites, but the ocean, the jungle, the cenote, the sun and the moon bring you the best vacation you could ever have.
4. Great service – Service at Casa de las Olas is old school, and it works. It is about face to face communication, it is about an innate desire and understanding of what people want on thier vacation, it is a natural inquisitive mind that has sought out all possible solutions or answers to any number of questions or needs. Promises are kept, questions are asked, staff reach out to guests, and there is a general underlying desire to make your stay the best. That does not happen any more…very often, but it happens each day at Casa de las Olas.
5. Privacy – The beach is secluded, the rooms very private, people respect each others need for privacy and there are only 5 rooms on the property. Privacy is the number one priorty at Casa de las Olas, and this is maintained during your entire stay.
6. Seclusion – Secluded enough so you feel far way from everything, but in a short walk you have amenities, restaurants and shops at your finger tips. The jungle has been the number one factor in keeping this property secluded. The second factor is the owners desire to not make this property commercial for the sake of profit. This is a special business that runs like a private home, so you feel very far away from it all but have great support when you need it.
7. The People – From the staff to tour guides, from the waiters to the transportion companies, anyone connected to Casa de las Olas is great. Jimmy has built a great community of people that work on the property and has hand picked his vacation and restaurant referrals/recommendations to ensure that your ‘people experience is the best! The people we met, and the guests we interacted with were really A1 people who all had similar beliefs about the area. Every singel person was working towards the same cause, keep Tulum beautiful, keep it the paradise that it naturally is and no matter what you do for a living, it is important that sustainability is a part of your day to day concern and focus.
Not convinced yet? Check out the reviews on Tripadvisor or check out the website for Casa de las Olas. This is the just the beginning, there are many more reasons to stay at Casa de las Olas but only a visit will let you add to the list. Reading about it is one thing, experiencing it is a whole other ball game!